I thought you were independent?
How come i cant use java-script on Nightly, when i have the windows feature Internet Explorer turned OFF. But when i turn the windows feature Internet Explorer ON it works just fine?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20130301 Firefox/22.0
I do not understand that, unless you are using some odd software extension that actually runs IE in a Firefox tab
- possibly for instance https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/test-ie/
Maybe you can explain more about what is or is not happening.
I do not have Windows 8 available. I may run fx22 on a none Windows-MS system so am able to confirm Firefox is not dependant on IE.
Firefox is open source. It is not going to be integrated with IE.