Black navigation bar on top of firefox is missin, how to restore it ?
Usually my firefox has home page as http://google.co.in And there is a BLACK Navigation bar on top of it where other link relies e.g. Gmail , Youtube etc. But today its turned out to grey instead of black. How to restore it ?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.0.0 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 220.127.116.1165
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Did you have an add-on that provided the "Black navigation bar"? If so, maybe it is not compatible with Firefox 20 which is still in beta. If this is the case it might be best to contact the add-on author to report the problem.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Your suggestion worked for me , even though its a complete new installation after format. Couldn't understand what caused that problem ?
What in particular helped?
The second part about problems with extensions or the first part?
I guess the 1st part worked because there were nothing new in extension or theme, i usually keep things at their default mode.
Thanks for posting your findings.