How do I get Firefox's "red plugin button" to appear?
I am using Windows XP with Firefox 20. The Mozilla support pages say to click the red plugin button to change plugin settings. I have never seen this button appear on Firefox! When I try to follow Mozilla support instructions, I have to keep opening up more and more windows. This is so confusing that I don't want to make changes that might make things worse. Isn't there a simple way to make this magic red plugin button to be on my address bar?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
What article are you referring to? Sometimes articles may not be up to date since you are using the beta version.
You get the orange Firefox menu button if the menu bar is hidden.
Okay, I see the orange Firefox @ the top, but I still don't see the red plugin button. I went through the options but didn't see anything that can help me. I wanted the red plugin button to be able to choose which sites I want authorized to use Java on. Now what do I do?
The red plugin button will only appear if you visit a site that calls a plugin that is blocked using Click to Play, it doesn't show up otherwise.
I just went to asobrain.com and tried to load the Java game room. Nothing is different. No red plugin button,
arrow shows up saying click here to load, nothing happens when I click it.
I appreciate any help, but so far nothing suggested has helped.
There may be more applets running on the page, so best is to check if there is an icon on the left hand side of the location bar and click that icon to enable a blocked plugin.
No, there is just the big arrow & a gra(e)yed out "this website does not supply identity information." I really have only seen that reg plugin button except for on the mozilla support page. It has never appeared when I have been @ relatives' or friends' houses.
"Location bar" was a new term to me so I had to look it up. I'd only heard it called the "address bar."