Firefox 19 preferences does not show cookies
In the privacy settings I have checked the box to accept cookies, but box to accept cookies from 3rd party sites is unchecked. Further setting are "use custom setting for history" and "tell websites not to track. Up until a few days ago, if I clicked show cookies it listed all the cookies of sites I had visited and I could remove them individually. All of a sudden Firefox (19) does not show any cookies in the box anymore. I have not changed any of the settings. How can I ensure to the see the cookies listed again?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Picasa plugin.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
My private settings are exactly like the OP's , and I'm experiencing the same problem.
I do not have Firefox 19 set on permanent Private Browsing mode, but I do use it occasionally. I notice this in fact only happens when using private browsing.
Is the only option/solution to stop using Private Browsing mode completely??
Yes, there is currently no way to modify/view private cookies (ie. all cookies in private browsing mode in FF 19, or cookies for private windows in FF 20+). Your only option is to reopen private browsing mode to clear the accumulated cookies.
I have the same problem. So when I surf in normal mode to website the browser has X cookies. When I repeat that after switching to private browsing mode the browser only show < X cookies