How do I pull out an entire tab group to start a new window? (without bookmarking)
I work with multiple windows, and sometimes, in a particular window, I open too many tabs that I later want to split into two groups. I can do that rather easily by moving some of the tabs to a new tab group, but now both groups are still stuck in the same window and I can't save them separately with TabMixPlus. How do I pull out the tabs of a tab group to a new window?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Version 18.104.22.16892
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- Picasa plugin.
- The QuakeLive Plugin is required for QuakeLive
- Detector for the Onlive Game Client
- Juniper Networks Safari Extensions
- LastPass Plugin
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.1240
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Unfortunately the use case you describe hasn't been implemented in Firefox. It's not possible to move a tab group out to its own window at this point. Generally the tab groups feature hasn't been worked on much recently, not sure why.
As to TabMixPlus, that's a third-party add-on which Mozilla doesn't directly support. You can find support links from the add-on page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus/
Hope this helps.