How do I copy my current Firefox Bookmarks and emails and settings in order to recopy them to a reinstalled Firefox later on
I am having problems with Windows Media Player and have tried all suggested options to sort it out. It was installed on my laptop when I bought it in Sept 2012 and is now causing problems that I can't resolve. In checking the player defaults and troubleshooting I discovered that the fie was created oin 21 Jan 2013, the same date I downloaded Real Player. This should have been Sept 2012 when I bought the computer. Has Real Player caused a conflict? = I don't know.
I now see no way out except restoring Windows 7 from the recovery disks made when I bought the computer or maybe downloading a new version of Win Media Player .
If I do a restore then I will lose my Thunderbird emails and my Bookmarks on Firefox - I would like to avoid this, if possible. Please let me know how and from where I can copy these and how I can upload/ recopy them when I am up and running with my reinstalled Windows 7.
Modified by Figgerty
Chosen solutionby cor-el
hello, please refer to Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles. the same information also applies to thunderbird, which profile usually resides in %appdata%\Thunderbird\Profiles.Go to answer 1
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, please refer to Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles. the same information also applies to thunderbird, which profile usually resides in %appdata%\Thunderbird\Profiles.
Thanks for your reply. I now know how to copy my Firefox profile.
If I do the same with Thnderbird (enter %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Thunderbird\Profiles in the start box) will that also copy my email messages? I have saved some important messages in my folders which I would like to recover.