Copy text - Can paste to notepad OK - Close FF - Can still paste it anywhere EXCEPT notepad (It's still on clipboard)
I put it all in the subject! Then I got sent here! Is this a forum? Is there a users Firefox forum? Where am I?
Edit: How will I know if I get any replies?
I'll just add that it has been this way in XP and Win 7 for years
Modified by pat100
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You should get an email for each reply that is posted. Have no idea about the problem, though. Pasting after Firefox closes works fine with Mac OS.
Hi pat100, yes this is a forum and if you didn't opt out of notification, you probably will get an email with a copy of this (not very useful) reply, and other replies to this thread.
As you may know, when you copy from a web page Firefox places multiple formats on the clipboard, including plain text (which I assume is what Notepad cares about) and HTML (which is what many other applications prefer).
There is a utility I have used named Clipboard Inspector to see what is on the Windows clipboard at any given moment. The original site is no longer available, but the file can be downloaded from the Internet Archive Wayback Machine:
If that doesn't scare you off (!!), could you check before and after closing Firefox whether anything is being cleared as part of the shutdown process?