I get the following error: SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)
Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to www.facebook.com.
SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.
(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
i cant connect to facebook please help me. its about Firefox and googlechrome too.
hello, if this affecting multiple browsers then it might be an issue with security software or anything else that is interfering with your network traffic. without further information about your system this is difficult to diagnose though unfortunately.
Also check the connection settings.
- Tools > Options > Advanced : Network : Connection > Settings
If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then try to select "No Proxy" if the "Use the system proxy settings" setting or one of the others doesn't work properly.
See "Firefox connection settings":