Upgraded to Firefox 19 on my iMac and got Malaware/Depslear-B and I can't get rid of it. Can you help me?
I up-graded my Firefox to Firefox 19, on my iMac, and when I went to log on to my work's e-mail, I found out that I was the target of Malaware/Depslear-B according to Sophos which I downloaded with the approval of my work IT guy. The problem is that Sophos is not working correctly so now I can't get the malaware out. This situation is only taking place while I'm in Firefox. When I use Safari, nothing appears to be impacted by the Malaware/Depslear-B issue. If I go to through my Parallels and operate in the Microsoft world, there are no problem either. This issue seems to take place in Firefox when using the mac side of things. So far each time I try to link up to an HTTPS weblink, I get the following message, "Connecting to my-fun-top.com" Why would an HTTPS page want to link to "my-fun-top.com"?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0