Why can't I save Joomla changes in Firefox 19.0?
I upgraded Firefox 19 and since then can't save any changes in Joomla 2.5.8 ... I'm having no problem in Safari and can't trace the problem to Firefox. I can't find anyone else having this problem in any search so I am truly perplexed.
Can you update to either Joomla 2.5.9 or 3.0.3?Go to answer 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Version 188.8.131.5292
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I followed your directions but the problem persists. When i save an article in Jooomla it adds an # to the end of the page address but nothing else happens. All buttons on front and back end except Close are inactivated . I have searched all Joomla forums and tested a multitude of sites .. all with the same results. it happened overnight and didn't seem to be the result of a direct upgrade so i was hoping your cookie theory was a good one, but no go. Any other ideas?
Either Joomla needs to release an update to make it compatible with Firefox more or there is a bug. Have you tried contacting Joomla?
I have... and I can't any record of this problem anywhere. It just started happening a few days ago. Have you heard of it happening with anyone else. No one can solve the mystery. I will try to reinstall Firefox I guess. I am sure Joomla is fine with Firefox...always has been for me until two days ago.
I have not seen any other users with this issue but I will also pass this along to a higher department colleague of mine.
Thank you and I am really puzzled. I will try a reinstall ... i"ve cleared everything else.
Can you update to either Joomla 2.5.9 or 3.0.3?
I have about 20 sites I host in varying degrees of upgrade. The save no longer works on any of them in Firefox. And it stopped all at once. Must be a bug somewhere. I'm not sure how to uninstall Firefox except to just delete from applications.
Have you updated Joomla as Tyler suggested?
yes Joomla I'm at 2.5.9 on most sites. Weird I found that various components will save just find but all sites I host across the board have the same problem.
This could most likely be a Joomla issue. We do not have reports of users asking us about this type of issue. If you do feel the need, you can search and/ or file a bug at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ although it most likely will be turned down because it seems to me to be a Joomla issue.
I have no web design problem with web design editing Joomla 2.5.9.
FYI: When I have a problem with a browser working with Joomla admin, I use a different browser for a while and the bugs are worked out before long.