I no longer have microphone and mouse function after upgrading to Firefox 19 and raising the microphone level does not help!
After upgrading to Firefox 19 I tried to use my microphone but no one can hear me. I went to control panel and sounds and tried to raise the level but it has not solved the problem. I tried various applications that facilitate a test recording (skype and blackboard collaborate) and none of these tests are playing back any sound from my recording. The microphone was working fine before the upgrade and sound could be recorded from 10 feet away.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Abacast Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Firefox File Menu > EXIT.
Restart your system and give a try..
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thanks. I tried this procedure and restarted my computer but I am still getting the message 'audio system error cannot read from microphone'. The wireless mouse still has no function.