Firefox 19 cannot download itunes update
Just updated to FF19. iTunes download open normal "You have chosen to open..." dialog in which I click "Save". This then displays the "File Save" dialog to select the destination folder. Selecting the destination folder and clicking "Save" there results in the dialog closing and then ..... nothing.
No progress dialog, no file created on disk. Opening the download progress window (Ctrl+J) show no download in progress or completed.
Download worked fine in Chrome
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1248
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
hello, please try the steps at What to do if you can't download or save files.
Clearing the download list did not fix the problem.
However, resetting all the indicated configuration items DID restore download functionality.
I just encountered the same thing after upgrading to FF 19.0. Never seen it before in years of using Firefox, and it was also the iTunes installer that wouldn't work for me.
Resetting 'browser.download.lastDir' fixed it for me. It had been set to a folder on a removable drive that was no longer attached, as that's where I last downloaded to. Perhaps this is a new bug in Firefox?
I am also having the same problem. I have NOT had problems downloading anything except the itunes installer. It asked me where to download the file to, and then didn't download it.
I did check the about:config, only the last.dir had a user set setting, and that location IS still a valid location on my harddrive. I did reset it however which did solve the problem with downloading the Itunes file, but I don't see why it should have since it was still a valid location AND FF did ask me where to download the file to.
ALSO, when setting up Itunes to use Paypal as your payment option, it re-directs you to a browser window, which, when you're done, is supposed to re-direct you BACK to your itunes program. In Firefox (v19.0.2) it does NOT do this, resulting in Itunes never receiving notice that the Paypal payment was set up. Again, I had to temporarily set up IE as my default browser in order to do the transaction.
Modified by ruthcatrin