The page isn't redirecting properly
When I try to access my gmail account, Firefox says "the page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
I've tried removing cookies, preventing firefox from accepting cookies, and restarting Firefox in safe mode. The best I can get is the log in page, but once I enter my information, I get the same message again. Any suggestions?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
hello, please go through the steps described at Websites say cookies are blocked - Unblock them, especially the part about Clear history for that site (attention: this will also remove stored passwords for google).
Thanks, I just tried this, I'm still getting the same message as before though...
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
If clearing cookies doesn't work then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox Profile Folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
I have actually done all of those things. I've spent quite a bit of time going through the forums, and have tried most of what's already been posted. It's still not working. As I said, the best I can get is the login page. I also tried reinstalling firefox. Nothing is working =/
Do you have security software that may be blocking cookies?
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Ok, so I rebooted in safe mood, and had the same issue. Are the cookies supposed to be blocked? The error message said to disable them, so I did (but I have the same issue whether they're blocked or not)
Disabling or otherwise blocking cookies is likely to cause this issue.
So you shouldn't block cookies, but you should allow them and make sure that extensions or other software isn't blocking them.
Oh!! well that did it. Apparently allowing the cookies, and doing all those different steps (not sure which one did it because I had the cookies blocked. That seemed like what the error message was saying, I'm not that tech savvy though) fixed the problem. Thanks so much!!