With FacePAD gone, How can I download pictures from a Facebook Group?
I know how to download individual pictures from the group I have joined. Is there any convenient way to download a number of pictures at a time into a directory on my hard drive? Mostly I use Firefox but can happily use any other.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1246
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Picasa plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Drag and drop is pretty fast. You could get the pictures that way.
Drag and drop is generally an unsatisfactory technique for methodical collection of images. This group seems to have had a couple of hundred images. My plan had been to download most or all, view them, and collect and then cull them for a review of the group's trip. I have many or my own and would have compared mine with theirs. With dragging and dropping, I kept getting some out of order and I lost a surprising number. Systematic collection is needlessly difficult. Surely there is a simple script or macro or batch file that can do this. Photograbber, fbdownloader and photoselector are among those that claim to do this.
There are some image downloaders on the Add-ons site.