Remove YouTube Downloader from Firefox
Whenever there is a video to watch on any website I get this "link" superimposed over the controls at the bottom right corner of the window that takes me to a bs website if I click on it : http://keep-tube.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fembed%2FcvjgZWZoeWg%3Fwmode%3Dtransparent%26rel%3D0%26autohide%3D1%26showinfo%3D0
How can I get rid of it? I can show you a screen grab of what it looks like if you tell me how to upload it.
Chosen solutionby AJF4ME
Thanks, that was the first thing I tried but I couldn't find an extension with the name "You Tube Downloader" or "Keep-Tube" or anything similar to what I was seeing on the video. So I tried disabling them one at a time and the culprit an extension called "Page Break 1.0.5 " . Thanks for your helpRead this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Widevine Media Optimizer 188.8.131.5278
- Web based SlingPlayer for streaming from Slingbox
- Widevine Media Transformer Plug-In 184.108.40.20679
- SlingHealth plugin v220.127.116.11, Copyright 2010, SlingMedia Inc.
- Detector for the Onlive Game Client
- Widevine Media Transformer Plug-In 18.104.22.16813
- doubleTwist Web Plugin
- Picasa plugin.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
In order to uninstall a possibly unwanted extension, please do the following:
- From the Firefox window click the Firefox button at the top left and select Add-ons, or, if the Firefox button is not shown, click the Tools menu and click Add-ons.
- Once the Add-on Manager has opened in a new tab, click the Extensions button on the left side of the window.
- You should now see a list of your installed extensions on the right side together with buttons on the right side of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click the Remove button. You should see a message that informs you about the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a Firefox restart to be removed completely. To perform a Firefox restart after the add-on removal, click the Restart now link in the message.
You can find further information about uninstalling extensions in the following articles:
Thanks, that was the first thing I tried but I couldn't find an extension with the name "You Tube Downloader" or "Keep-Tube" or anything similar to what I was seeing on the video. So I tried disabling them one at a time and the culprit an extension called "Page Break 1.0.5 " . Thanks for your help