Firefox is crashing continuously when I open it. I'm unable to open it in safe mode and reinstalling the application has not worked.
I've been running Firefox v. 18.0.2 and for a few days the application continually crashes everytime I open it. I'm currently unable to get into safe mode and this is occurring on all profiles on the machine. I've went through and updated all my Add-Ons however the issue persists. I decided to re-install the application wiping out any configurations that were previously configured. I've also tried deleting the entire %APPDATA%\Mozilla folder. Up until this point I am unable to get Firefox running.
Chosen solutionby cor-el
Try to delete the profiles.ini file to force Firefox to create a new default profile.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.57 Safari/537.17
1. Click the Windows Start button, and select Run... on Windows XP or press Windows Key + R on Windows Vista/7. Type in "%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports\submitted" including the quotation marks and click OK.
2. In the resulting folder will be a text file for each crash report you have submitted. Using the View menu, arrange them by date to find out which is the newest file; and double-click on it to open it.
3. Report back to us with the latest crash ids.
Thanks for the response. Here is the latest crash ID
Just adding a few additional crashes.
Crash ID: bp-2a2f7621-7d3f-4727-9ecb-0acb32130216 Crash ID: bp-cadb85ac-cdd0-4f29-9982-568322130216 Crash ID: bp-b52a2a87-4e0e-41ac-af57-ae6932130216 Crash ID: bp-aef1ed20-a357-4c53-923c-c6ffb2130216
They seem to all end in 2130216.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Thanks for the response. I am unable to get into Firefox, nor get into Firefox in safe mode.
When I hold shift and click Firefox to run in safe mode I get the following error: Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible.
Try to delete the profiles.ini file to force Firefox to create a new default profile.
The profile.ini was the issue. After deleting that file everything worked as intended.