How do I download video clips from web pages? Pulling down Firefox's "File" menu shows no save for such a clip.
I would like to see TV shows online and fast-forward through the commercials as I do with my DVR. I figure they'll need to be saved on my hard drive for that to work. Does some method exist to download them that I am overlooking?
I am running Firefox 18.0.2 on Windows-XP with all the service packs as of Jan 1, 2013.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Thank you for your suggestion, iamjayakumars, but it didn't do the job. What I want is to download TV shows that unfortunately include commercials, so that I can _remove_ the commercials before viewing them. The addons at http://addons.mozilla.org/ download _only_ commercials and stop downloading as soon as the commercial ends.
It seems to me that since Firefox is being used to view a video, meaning that it must download the data before showing it, some method should exist to save that data on a hard drive. Can anyone suggest a source?