I am running 18.0.2 for mac and I get a "server not found" randomly 4-5 times a day. This is a wired connect .. can I correct this?
When I hit the "try again" button, I connect instantly and then don't have the problem for a few hours.
Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at bbm.boardhost.com.
Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Modified by tbill11
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
This is a brand 1 month old Imac. I don't have any security software on it. Does your answer still apply? If so, where do I find permission lists etc.?
I missed that you are on a Mac, so this may be another problem.
It is possible that your ISP or its DNS servers are responding too slowly.
You can also try to reset (power off/on) the router.
I did the reset of Firefox... will report if it solved the problem. Thanks!
Modified by tbill11
It didn't solve the problem
This appears to be an 18.0.2 issue. On 18.0.1 there was no issue. Same issue repeated on 3 of my systems but only when upgraded to 18.0.2.
I read where Mozilla discourages downloading older versions.. Do you think they will eventually correct this with an update?
I just updated to 19.0 And I am still having the problem
I am trying to report this problem..keeps happening 5 times a day, but when I hit the "submit feedback button" nothing happens. Is there any other way to report this? Like an email address where I can include a screenshot?