is anyone having problems with FireFTP?
when I log into my server using Fire FTP everything is fine. I navigate to the directory that I need with no problem. But as I back out of the path the folder icons change appearance to a link icon and the directories become effectively locked. I am unable to enter them again. I have checked with my host and it is not on their end and I have used a stand alone FTP client and the problem does not exist on that. I have this same issue on two separate computers running Fire FTP
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
FireFTP is a third-party add-on that isn't developed by Mozilla. I checked out their add-ons page and they list this as their support site: http://fireftp.mozdev.org/help.html
Unfortunately it looks like it's down at the moment, so I can't verify what type of support they provide -- but your best bet is to try that page later today or tomorrow and see if you can get help there directly.
Of course, your problem could also be related to the FTP server you're connecting to -- it's hard to tell for me without actually being able to log in myself.
Thank you djst, I will check out their support page a little later :)
Hi. I 've been trying to connect to my FTP account and it is showing the following error: 421 Sorry, cleartext sessions are not accepted on this server. Please reconnect using SSL/TLS security mechanisms.
It was working fine until last week. Can somebody please advise how I can fixed this?