I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab running Android 4.0.4 & a Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.1.1 and no desktop or laptop computer to create a sync profile on. How can I sync my Firefox browsers between these devices?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
There isn't an official way to do this.
Here's a hack which could work but I've never tried it and it's difficult to do:
- Borrow a desktop or laptop with Firefox
- Create a new profile
- Set up a sync account
- Write down your username, password and recovery key <- super important. See, Where can I find my Recovery Key?
- Delete that profile you just created on the borrowed computer.
- On one of your Android devices, set up sync and tap the "Advanced Setup" link
- Enter your username, password and recovery key
- Repeat the last two steps on the other Android device.
Verdi's process should work.
Fundamentally, the problem is that a computer is needed to complete the set-up. This is defined by the design of the feature.
The other option is to pair the 2 devices against a temporary computer, and then delete the profile from the borrowed computer.
If you want to learn how to create and delete profiles, check this article:
I hope it helps. Ibai