Reinstalled Firefox and lost my bookmarks, attempted to restore, but is only giving me todays date.
I was on live chat with a Norton specialist and they deleted/reinstalled my Firefox so fast that I didn't even have time to ask him if he saved my bookmarks. When I did ask him about the bookmarks, he said he was not trained in Firefox, but that the bookmarks could be restored.
I've attempted to restore the bookmarks as directed, but they give me the current date 2/13/13(reinstall date) of which I don't have any bookmarks? How do I recover my bookmarks? Do I need to restore my pc to an earlier version?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_39 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Well I just restored my pc to an earlier date and that did not work.
I also forgot to mention that all my saved passwords and etc. are lost!
It sounds like they deleted your profile when uninstalling Firefox, which will make you lose all your Firefox information. You can try to run a program like recuva, but it is likely gone forever.
I'm running Recuva, but I'm not exactly sure what or even if the files I need to restore are there? I have them sorted by date and assume it would be 2/13/13 as this was when it was reinstalled?
I do see some ......local/mozilla/firefox/profile/ links that are recoverable. Would those possibly work?
Is it possible that a previous firefox/maintenance service link work?