Firefox OS Simulator spontaneously launches
I have Firefox 19 beta running on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I had the Firefox OS Simulator installed. I was logged in to the machine with Remote Desktop, but was not actively using it. Instead, I was working in another window in unrelated software.
The OS Simulator appeared to start on its own. I did not click in the Remote Desktop window or use any hot keys to start it. I uninstalled the Add-On immediately. Could there be a security risk?
Chosen solutionby cor-el
No, this is a known bug in the simulator, hopefully it should be fixed soon. No security issues.Go to answer 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
No, this is a known bug in the simulator, hopefully it should be fixed soon. No security issues.
Tylerdowner, Thank you for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it. Where should I have been looking to find that out on my own, so I wouldn't have to bother you with it? Is there another FAQ base for Firefox OS, or a mailing list?