when bookmarking a page Firefox won't let me choose folder I want to put it in, it puts it at bottom of all my folders instead?
I cant seem to put a bookmarked page where I want to in my folders since firefox bookmarks it at the bottom of all my bookmarked folders instead of bringing up the small box and letting me choose the folders I want to put it in....this just started last nite 2-12-13 and I have not downloaded anything thing , like new software or anything this week....plz help
Chosen solutionby starwoman7
I took the easy way out by setting firefox to default settings and that fixed it...plus it backedup all my bookmarks.....but then I lost the url address box when I try to customized it so I set it back to default settings again and now it's working fine....thx for the reply:)Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Are you able to confirm is this something that has worked ok previously for you.
Back up your bookmarks, and I suggest it is also worth making a backup of your full profile.
- Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles
- Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer_backup-and-restore
The problem could be with the bookmarks database places.sqlite or with the controls.
- See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf#Manual_method
- and Changes to toolbars and window sizes are not saved
If you are confident with making changes method 1 is best. It will destroy any customisations that you have but that should not cause you too many problems. The second method is simpler, but also removes your extensions and some other information (read the article).
It is probably worth trying the above first. The other thing to try is recreating the bookmarks database.
This involves renaming the file places.sqlite, unfortunately you will loose all your history. Firefox does not backup History, and if you have no specific backup you have made previously all your history will be lost.
I took the easy way out by setting firefox to default settings and that fixed it...plus it backedup all my bookmarks.....but then I lost the url address box when I try to customized it so I set it back to default settings again and now it's working fine....thx for the reply:)
Gad it is fixed, thanks for posting back.