I am using Firefox for mac. On the navigation toolbar, on the right hand side, I now have 3 amazon buttons and 3 ebay buttons and they appear to be growing in number all of the time. I cannot figure out how to get them to disappear. If I get rid of the entire toolbar I lose the search and URL input fields. I right click them, no options, I don't see them under add ons or bookmarks or anywhere! I just want them to go away!!!!
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Here is a screen shot of the nav bar with the icons
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
Tylerdowner - that worked! The icons are gone!!! Thank you!!