Best version of FireFox for WinXp sp3 on 6 years old Acer laptop
My Laptop ...
Acer Aspire 5315 (was OEM factory Vista OS, changed to WinXP sp3 in 2007)
Bitdefender Internet security
- no MS Office
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Google Update
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I'm sorry, but you didn't clarify the issue you are having here. :(
If you are asking the best version of FF to use,
The latest run of Firefox is recommended.
In the system details provided I see you are running Firefox 18.0 currently.
For the best experience I recommend updating to Firefox 18.0.2.
Please follow the link below to update your run of FF. http://getfirefox.com/
*Note: I'm sorry for the incorrect link provided to you prior to my edit. The link now provided will take you to the correct software for your computer. Sorry for any inconvenience this may of caused you.*
Modified by SupportJakeH
Thank you "SupportjakeH" for your response.
Your suggested link is for ANDROID.
I have an Acer laptop PC (as per my original thread question). Not Android nor phone nor tablet.
What I did ... but now I have problems... see images
- downloaded FFox 18.0.2
- Exported bookmarks to a HTML file.
- uninstalled FFox18.0.1 with RevoUninstaller. Incl leftover files and registry items
- cold-boot + reboot
- installed FFox 18.0.2
- cold-boot + reboot
- Imported HTML file of bookmarks
The back up is NOT integrated into the clean new FFox.
Duplicate folders have been created by the HTML import (Same result with ".json" backup file after I unstalled/rebooted/ clean installed ... again)
- deleted all duplicated folders
Bookmarks menu now has three separators
- closed FFox
- opened the HTML file
- HTML file has three "lines (separators)
How do I import an HTML FFox Library list into a new version of FFox without duplicating default folders? I have a new laptop (PC) with Win7 that I want to put into service but cannot until this FFox/Library glich is resolved
Have scanned Bitdefender + Malwarebytes -- no PC problems
Modified by Russell
Just found solution to duplicate folders at
But I now have ...