my top two toolbars vanished. I cannot manually enter a URL, when I get a new tab I am unable to enter anything. If I want to run a search I have to go to Google in history, the select search. Are you trying to run users to another browser?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible:
- "View > Toolbars"
Open the Customize window to set which toolbar items to display:
- View > Toolbars > Customize
- Check that the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the toolbar palette in the customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.