Why can't you remove a plugin just like any other add-on?
Extentions and themes have a remove button to delete it. Why isn't that the same for plugins?
Modified by wqin
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Version 1.1.11, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I even went to https://installstuff.blogspot.com and it does not have any information how to remove a plugin.
Extensions and themes are installed within Firefox. Plugins are installed by external software and thus out of control of Firefox, so you can only disable them and need to disable the plugin in the software that installed it or remove the plugin manually yourself.
Plugins are usually found via a registry scan.