Firefox keep freezing when any script going to run
This occur yesterday.After power outage 2 times while I using my notebook(no battery equiped) I'm not sure if it's cause problem.
Ex. Facebook/Gmail : Start freezing while loading chatbox for firefox,it's suddenly stop working. For gmail,It's run again when the chatbox available but it's waste over a minute to get back work-------really slow than expected.
Pixiv: Freeze while the page going to finish loading.
In task manager,it isn't Not Responding but firefox still freeze,can't do anything until the chat is turn off by itself for about 5-10 minutes.
If I quick enoght to open new facebook tab it's freezing for a longer time.Then I must wait until I can't turn on chat anymore (Shows reconecting-----countdown------then Try Again and again)
Even any support page(https://support.mozilla.org) it's keep freezing!
It's show unexpected script box to stop or continue,this occur somethimes but now it's occur EVERY time where I met the script.
Try Clear History/Restart/Reset/Uninstall/Scan Computer/Start Safe Mode/Chkdsk(no bad sector found) but this still occur ONLY with firefox(IE/Chrome works properly).
Really strange and make me really frustrated and this is the last resort for me to bring my firefox back----I really don't need to use other browser.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0)
Does this issue occur on another browser??
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Try it already,but not work.
Try up to Uninstall Firefox. Delete Mozila Firefox folder and try install again.
Try update any add-ons but still not get better.
Try other browser, It's nothing happens,everything goes normal as it could be.
Here's some iteration I tried.
Facebook: It's show this code :
But it's now freeze instead. Right side Chat list shown "Loading",for a minute(Normally a few second),then the list appear and freeze once again. At this point, it may back to work properly when time pass (over 3 minutes)
By the way, It's freeze at the same situation again if I try refresh or open new facebook page..........so I can't use facebook now.
Pixiv: It's splash up Warning box after the freeze.Then,whenever I choose any choice.Firefox freeze and it's appear again.
here's a screen capture: http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss340/bulbabenz/ScreenShot391_zps525e04af.png
Then I try close the box,it's back to work probperly but when I refresh it.Everything freeze again at the same point.
Gmail: Shows "Connection lost" after freezing.The freeze is start when Gmail load chatbox at the left corner.
Youtube: Freeze suddenly when try to enter Clip URL and Go in a few seconds.Then I can't do anything or watch anything.
I guess that occur when firefox try transfer some kind of data.Especially chat.
and I really confuse why it's only firefox in my notebook happens as well as other browser had no problems.
Modified by bulbabenz
Please make sure you have version 18.0.2 - with all the issues you are facing, I would suggest a clean reinstall.
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox and any leftover program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps one by one:
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu) and confirm all upcoming messages.
- Now, uninstall Firefox by following the steps mentioned in the Uninstall Firefox article.
IMPORTANT: On Windows, the uninstaller has the option to remove your personal data and settings. Make sure that you do not check this option; otherwise all of your bookmarks, passwords, extensions, user customizations and other Firefox user profile data will be removed from your computer.
After uninstalling Firefox on Windows, delete the "Mozilla Firefox" program folder, located by default in one of these locations:
- (On 32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- (On 64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the Windows Start menu and click on "Computer".
- In the Explorer window that opens, double click Local Disk (C:) to open the C:\ drive.
- Find the "Program Files (x86)" folder or "Program Files" folder.
- On 32-bit Windows, double-click the Program Files folder to open it.
- On 64-bit Windows, you will see a "Program Files (x86)" folder AND a "Program Files" folder. Open the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Look for a Mozilla Firefox folder. If you find one, right-click it and select Delete and confirm that you want to move the folder to the Recycle Bin.
Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Problem still occur.Nothing changed......
Update: here's clip that show this problem
Clean Uninstall then try to compare Pixiv/Facebook with Chrome http://www.mediafire.com/?ee2d89vqwvypwkj
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program or the software may have gotten confused by that outage.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
Still not solve.
I check firewall settings in "Allowed Program" list and no Mozilla Firefox present.So I try add firefox to the list. Nothing Change...
Try to turn firewall off still not help too.
Create new profile still nothing change.
Try enter Safe Mode and the problem still occur.
After that,I try clear all history once again and this familiar script emerge. http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss340/bulbabenz/ScreenShot394_zpse4131de2.png
which may show when I tried clear long time history but this I just open 2 websites after clean install............
Seem to be no solution..............
Give up now-----then I could try again in the next Window Uninstall.
I was give up for about week....and today,I randomly open firefox again. And it's back work...
Maybe this problem is something about...WGA (Don't do anything else majority except this....)
btw, welcome back! Firefox!
That's great! Thanks for reporting back.