why do i have four tabs coming up when I open firefox
it takes a while for firefox to load because it is opening 3 tabs at a time for some reason. I only need one. One of the tabs is titled welcome to firefox. It shows Horray!!! your firefox is up to date. another tab shows version 6.7 installed of easy you tube video downloaded and wants me to select an edition. The last tab is the only one i want to open when I use firefox. it is the search page.So how do i stop the other two tabs from popping up and slowing firefox down?
Additional System Details
- npAPI Plugin
- npAPI Ghost Plugin
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.1"
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Check the Home page setting.
- Tools > Options > General > Startup: Home page
See these articles for some suggestions:
- https://support.mozilla.org/kb/How+to+set+the+home+page - Firefox supports multiple home pages separated by '|' symbols