I am experiencing random crashing of the program, please advise.....
I am experiencing random crashing of the program when changing tabs. I am also having difficulty copying a picture off of the internet and then pasting it anywhere. I am able to do so when I use Internet Explorer but I cannot do so when using Firefox. It allows me to copy but does not give me the option to paste.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Google Update
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- DYMO Label Framework Plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox location bar (that's where you enter your website names) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the most recent 5 report IDs that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your forum response.
Thanks in advance for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Where are you trying to paste the image?
bp-bc4eaab1-2fd3-4130-bfc5-ef1512130208 2/8/2013 12:25 PM bp-37148d14-b88b-43fd-a530-363272130204 2/3/2013 7:51 PM cbd58cb5-a2f3-40e6-aed0-926db27be85e 1/28/2013 8:39 PM
Hope this helps you understand what is going on......
Modified by cor-el
It doesn't matter where I seem to be posting them, it just will not let me. For instance, I use eBay quite a bit. In Internet Explorer, I usually attach my camera to my laptop and open my photos. I copy the ones I need and paste them on my desktop for uploading to eBay later. I don't download because I don't want a million images in my files. I then upload them to eBay and then delete them from my desktop. Firefox is not allowing me to do this. I am sure that it is a simple fix with a setting. But Firefox is new to me and I am not extremely computer savvy. Please let me know if there is a way to correct. I am so tired of toggling between the two programs depending on what I am needing to do. Be sure and explain step by step so that I can follow easily. Thank you
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"