Ho can I turn on click-to-play with Firefox 19.0?
I found https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2012/10/11/click-to-play-plugins-blocklist-style/ and installed the beta version. I still don't see the icon in front of the current URL which would permit me to turn on Java for the current site (Pogo).
Chosen solutionby Tylerdowner
No you can use those sites, Java 7 update 13 shouldnt be disabled, can you re-enable it?Read this answer in context 1
Thanks! I hadn't realized U13 was safe. I was able to enable it.Go to answer 1
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
We have not turned on Click to Play for everything (that blog post is in error) yet, as it still needs testing. Currently we only block out of date plugins.
Does this mean there's no safe way to use sites such as Pogo which require Java? I have Java SE 7 U13 10.13.2.20, which is disabled.
No you can use those sites, Java 7 update 13 shouldnt be disabled, can you re-enable it?
Thanks! I hadn't realized U13 was safe. I was able to enable it.