Since updating yesterday, Firefox has crashed 3 or 4 times
Yesterday, Firefox updated itself to version 18.0.2. Since then, I have experienced 3 or 4 times that Firefox freezes randomly when I try to search using either Google or DuckDuckGo. The only way to recover is to press Ctrl-Alt-Del and terminate the application. Has anybody else experienced this, and does anybody know if Mozilla are doing anything about it? Geoff
Modified by barrgi
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Picasa plugin
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Tyler, Thanks for this advice. I've done a reset (and recreated what was lost in the process). Of course, it remains to be seen whether this solves the problem I was having yesterday. If not, I'll report back here! Geoff
Well, it's still happening. Firefox has crashed three times today already.
I'm now being nagged to update FF on my laptop, too, but I don't want to get the same problem on that machine too. Frankly I'm seriously beginning to wonder whether I won't be better off just giving up on Firefox and installing Chrome instead. It's a pity because I really liked Firefox, until this problem started a few days ago. Geoff
If you have submitted crash reports then please post the IDs of one or more crash reports that have this format:
You can find the IDs of the submitted crash reports on the about:crashes page.
- You can open the about:crashes page via the location bar, like you open a website.
Unfortunately, I never get asked for a crash report, because, as I explained in my original posting, Firefox ceases to respond and the only way out is to press Ctrl-Alt-Del, stop the application and start it again. Geoff
This morning Firefox has hung again, twice, and the last time I had to restart my computer to get it back. This is just getting ridiculous, so that's it, I'm afraid. End of the line for me and Firefox. I had to update Real Player and was asked if I wanted to install Chrome at the same time (as one is asked almost every time one updates anything these days). This time I gave in and said "yes", so I'm going to give it a try. Sorry Firefox, it's been fun, but it simply ISN'T any longer. Geoff