Pop-ups not being blocked
I have the latest Firefox (18.0.2) on Mac 10.7.5. A few days ago I updated it with the latest Java (7_13) because we use some software in my company that requires it.
Before the update, Firefox blocked two pop-up ads on my company's web site (www.lawtechnologynews.com).
After the update, the pop-ups are no longer blocked. I made sure the pop-up blocker is still enabled and that our domains are not excepted.
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I figured out that during my Java and Firefox updates, I somehow lost the ad blocker extension. Reinstalled that, and now it works fine.
Im using version 20.0.1 on windows and have the same problem, I have checked and its blocked ,but pop ups still keep popping up, please fix ?
how do you re-install the add blocker ?