What should i do if someone steals my Firefox sync key?
Recently I recovered from an infection/hacker and I could tell that this person was viewing all my files on my PC including my FF sync key should I delete my old sync account and make a new one or can generate a new key for my existing sync account?
I would suggest deleting your account and backing up data if necessary. After that, you would need to create a new account.Go to answer 1
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I would suggest deleting your account and backing up data if necessary. After that, you would need to create a new account.
Cool that's what I thought so once I delete my account and make new in FF it will generate a new sync key correct? Also I made some backups with Mozbackup before I formated the drive and I had my local technician run a antimalware/antivirus scan my thumbdrive and he found nothing.
Yes, a new key will be generated.