how do I block a specific address?
how do I block pop up box "Adobe Flash Player Settings - specific addresses: cc1.midasplayer.com and s.ytimg.com (usually pop up is right in the middle of a video screen & clicking on it does nothing) - I cannot find a feature on Firefox to block this. none of your "help" features appear to address this. thank you
Additional System Details
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Does the dialog ask whether you will give the site permission to store data on your computer? You can change how the Flash player deal with local storage to a silent option such as allowing sites to store data without asking, or prohibiting them from storing data. This page has the tool to do that as well as a description of how it works:
If the pop-up is something else, like an ad, could you describe it in more detail and maybe link to a video that has this issue?
I doubt that you want to block s.ytimg.com. It serves images and videos to YouTube. You might try Adblock Plus if certain ads are bothering you. An Easylist subscription with it works well.