Firefox slow on my MAC.
Firefox is suffering from seriously annoying lag spikes on my mac, while other browsers work perfect. The problem is the worst when watching Youtube video's or when typing (text only appears after 1-2 seconds when the spike happens.)
I've tried the about:config stuff, I used Speedyfox, googled for days but nothing seems to be working. What's worth trying? I love Firefox and I don't want to switch to another browser.
Could it be firefox plugin process? It seems to be eating a lot of RAM from times to times (I updated Java and Flash).
Additional System Details
- Version 18.104.22.16892
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Everything is updated, Mac is running on snow leopard.
Almost no plugins and I tried disabling the once I have which didn't solve anything
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thank you for the reply, but will I lose my RSS feeds if I do this?
No, you shouldn't lose them.