I keep getting "Reminders" that some web page cannot be opened, even when I'm not online or on the Internet, and I'd like to stop it.
For days now, a "Reminder" box pops up on my screen every few minutes. It's followed by whatever the date is. It always says that a Web page cannot be opened and to try various things, even though I'm not online or trying to open any page. I can get rid of it by opening the task manager (control, alt, delete), but it comes back in a few minutes. I tried "System Restore" but that's not working, for an unrelated reason. I'd like to stop this annoying reminder. Thanks.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Might be spyware or adware. You could try scanning for that and remove spyware if you find any.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
- SuperAntispyware - http://www.superantispyware.com/
- Spybot Search & Destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
- AdAware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
If these don't find it or can't clear it, post in one of these forums for specialized malware removal help:
Modified by finitarry