How do I tell Firefox that my hotmail password has changed?
I have changed my hotmail password and I can't figure out how to tell Forefox that I have done so. As a consequence I have to enter my password every time.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.117
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1686
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try to clear the live.com / Hotmail cookies.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Websites remembering you and automatically log you on is stored in a cookie.
- Create an allow cookie exception (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions) to keep such a cookie, especially for secure websites and if cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in Private Browsing mode.
Do not use Clear Recent History to clear the "Site Preferences" and the "Cookies" as this doesn't take exceptions into account, but removes all specified data.
Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.
Many thanks for your assistance. Much appreciated.