It happens on most, but not all, of the pages I visit. After closing the error message, another one pops up saying "Error: Syntax Error." Closing this window will bring up the initial error message again, and the process repeats five or six times. Eventually the windows will stop popping up and I will be able to view the website, but as soon as I go to another webpage the error messages start again. I've updated both Firefox and Ubuntu to the most recent versions.
Chosen solutionby philipp
hello, this error message is usually caused by the social fixer addon & can be resolved by updating to the latest version available at http://socialfixer.com/blog/category/releasenotes/Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
hello, this error message is usually caused by the social fixer addon & can be resolved by updating to the latest version available at http://socialfixer.com/blog/category/releasenotes/
Thanks for your help! I had completely forgotten that I'd installed SocialFixer. I ended up removing the program since I wasn't using it, and this appears to have fixed the problem.