I am new to firefox and a lot of learning to take in.we had IE8 with lots of problems so went to firefox.gets confusing for us at times as we don't know a lot about computers.don't know how to get back of browser,things we had before:eg. page,i did get print,cut,copy,paste ok.don't have internet options on browser..but what really is frustrating,i have read many times how to get a blank page up when you click on a new tab above add.bar.all we get is this box that says.. server not found..with a bunch of foreign symbols.im tired of looking.suggestions? please tell us in easy terms.tks so much..we are using firefox mozilla 18.01 tks cheryl
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
You can set the String pref browser.newtab.url to "about:blank" on the about:config page.
See this article about the New Tab page (about:newtab):
thanks for your reply..but did not see all the items you mentioned in link.did not see any configuration areas or editor.i thought going into internet options,and setting a blank page to open on next tab would work like in IE but guess the internet options we used with IE doesn't work at all with firefox.some of it is very confusing,and not very easy steps to go by.we have only had firefox 1 day,so takes a lot to find things.tks..cheryl
Type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key to open the about:config page, just like you open a website by typing the URL in the location bar.
- If you see a warning message then you can confirm that you want to access the about:config page.
- use the Search bar at the top of the about:config page to locate preferences more easily
- preferences that have been modified and do not have the default value show as bold (user set)
- preferences that are user set (bold) can be reset to the default value via the right-click context menu
- preferences can be changed via the right-click context menu: Modify (String or Integer) or Toggle (Boolean) or by double-clicking the line with the pref
- preferences can be created via the right-click context menu: New -> String, Integer, Boolean