How can I transfer my cookies from a Mac to a Windows?
I'm planning on getting a Windows computer. However, I don't want to lose all the cookies in my Mac. Firefox sync doesn't sync cookies, and a Google search has only told me how to transfer them from Windows to Mac, not the other way around. Can anybody help me out?
Additional System Details
- Version 22.214.171.12476
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello GMLW, please have a look at the following article: Recovering important data from an old profile
It says I have to copy files into a new location, which I'm aware of. My main worry is whether or not all the files I want to transfer will be Windows compatible as well. Will there be any problems due to filename extensions or whatnot when crossing between OS's?
Hello GMLW, follow madperson's reply and will not find any problem, all firefox files (places.sqlite , cookies.sqlite etc) is the same in all Os.
Note that not all cookies may be working if the user agent changes significantly as happens with a platform change.
The permissions.sqlite file stores the exceptions, including cookie exceptions, that you have created.
Okay, thank you.