Security Alerts Found in firefox 18?
I've noticed a strange problem with the use of the Firefox browser 18 since yesterday as there show a pop-up message telling me that this is a security report? But this seems like a rogue attack to try to hit our systems ... Damn this sounds scary thing ...
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- DivX Plus Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Website Analyzed: http://a-k-arbic-gamezer.forums-rpg.com
25 security issues have been found. Advertisements, tracking cookies, tracking pixels, and socially connected plugins can interfere with your online privacy, and can be used to track you across the internet.
This report is just a summary. A full system scan is recommended. The RegCurePro software can do a full system scan to fix and speed up your PC. Click here to download and run RegCurePro.
Private Browser Information
This website is able to view the following information about your computer: Your web browser is Firefox and your system is Windows
2 advertisements were found. Internet advertisements are able to track you across the web, installing tracking cookies and possibly infecting your computer with malware.
This website loads analytics code that analyzes what you do while using this website. This analytics code detects your IP, location, browser, computer make, among other things.
At least 1 tracking pixel was detected. Tracking pixels are invisible beacons used to send information about you to advertising networks, or other websites. They are typically used to record the websites you visit so you can be sent targeted advertisements.
This website loads content from Facebook and Twitter. This can compromize your privacy, as these websites now know that you have visited
Could you please provide us with a screenshot? Please also note that it may be a scam or you may have a virus..
Please verify the screen shot and let us know the reason for the issue.
This is my video above....
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.