Why for the last few months does Firefox sign me out of my email when I look at another window for a few minutes?
I used to be able to browse between several windows... rechecking my email in between browsing, and I would remain logged IN to my email.
For the last couple of months when I email/browse like this I am repeatedly signed out of my email... every time I look at another window. I constantly have to sign in...... there is a little gold bar at the top left of the screen on my mac book pro that states that Firefox must do this.
I would like this setting RESET so that I can browse back and forth again.... without being signed out. I will save a lot of time and frustration logging in over and over again.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!