how do I delete the rcord of recently opened tabs and windows?
recently closed tabs and recently closed windows remain in my history even though I am using private browsing. How do I delete them?
Additional System Details
- Version 18.104.22.16876
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Please update to Firefox 18.0.1 Update Firefox to the latest version
You can (temporarily) set the browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo pref to 0 to clear the "Recently Closed Tabs" list.
If you want to re-use the "Recently Closed Tabs" feature (Undo Closed Tabs) then you can reset the browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo pref to the default value via the right-click context menu.
You can temporarily set the browser.sessionstore.max_windows_undo pref to 0 to reset the "Recently Closed Windows" list.
Firefox will remember one window if you open additional windows and close that window while tabs are open in that window and the max_windows_undo is set to 0.
Close all tabs in a window before closing that window to prevent the window from appearing in the recently closed windows list.
- Note that this may not be possible with a pop-up window.
Set the browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab pref to false on the about:config page to prevent closing the last tab from closing that window.
i'm running firefox 20.0.1; even when i'm not in private browsing, i still am able to see my recently closed tabs and windows--which i thought was the whole idea for private browsing mode; that once closed. no one whould be able to see this.
what's the explanation for this, and how can mozilla prevent this from occurring?
in the tools/options tab, my firefox is set to remember nothing ,and to use custom settings for history.
advice appreciated. thanks
i've been using ffox 20.0.1, with "use custom settings for history" checkmarked.
whenever i use private browsing, "recently closed windows" and "recently closed tabs" are still accesssible. why? and how can i fix this; otherwise, private browsing isn't private, correct?
thanks for your help.