Java not working in Firefox
I am having trouble getting Java to work in Firefox (Opera too) on Mac. http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre tells me "We are unable to verify if Java is currently installed and enabled in your browser." Notice that when I access the page, Firefox wants me to activate Java in a pop-up. I did this.
I know that Java is installed because I can open the Java Control Panel. The setting "Enable Java content in the browser" is checked and Security Level is set to High. I have tried setting the security level to a lower setting, but that doesn't help.
I have verified that the Java plugin is enabled. I have tried clearing Java cache via the control panel - no luck.
I realise that Apple has blocked Java according to this article: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/01/31/apple-again-blocks-latest-version-of-java-through-os-x-anti-malware-system. I have been able to get Java to work with Safari (this doesn't help for Firefox) by editing the file /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/XProtect.meta.plist, but that is only a temporary solution, as it shouldn't be necessary to do this edit.
Version details: Mac OS X 10.8.2 Firefox 18.0.1 Java version 7 update 11
Additional System Details
- Version 18.104.22.16876
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- 20-20 Technologies - 20-20 3D Viewer for IKEA v22.214.171.124
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- doubleTwist Web Plugin
- Picasa plugin.
- 20-20 Technologies - 20-20 3D Viewer v126.96.36.199
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Hello epb9, your solution is the only one that maybe works right now, see AliceWyman's reply in the next link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/contributors/708898?last=50518#post-50518
Yeah, it says that it is the only way to get it to work in FF. But that solution only works for Safari on my computer :(
I have now installed java 7 update 13. Now it works in Safari without any tweaks, but it still doesn't work in FF (or in Opera).
What's this mean? > Java Plug-in 10.17.2.02 Using JRE version 1.7.0_17-b02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM User home directory = C:\Users\Wally
c: clear console window f: finalize objects on finalization queue g: garbage collect h: display this help message l: dump classloader list m: print memory usage o: trigger logging q: hide console r: reload policy configuration s: dump system and deployment properties t: dump thread list v: dump thread stack x: clear classloader cache 0-5: set trace level to <n>
I'm having java 6.5 in my system. while opening one site i get error - Install mising plugin. . when i click on install. mozilla unable to find plugin. and while downloading manually the site
http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u12/index.html NOT OPENING. pls resolve my issue.....