I have just updated my web site: www.cach.co.uk, why can I see the new version using IE9 but not with Mozilla Firefox which shows me my web site as it was?
I am using a Toshiba Satellite laptop running under Windows Vista. I successfully uploaded the new files for my web site: www.cach.co.uk yesterday. I can see the new version of the Web site without difficulty using Internet Explorer. However, when attempting to view my updated version using Firefox, I am presented with the old version. It is also puzzling that I am getting an error mistake using Firefox when I attempt to select Books to the effect that the page cannot be found. As part of my update, I removed the old page for the Books option. How is all this possible? My web server is hosted through Fasthosts Ltd. I replaced all of the files for the original version of the web site. How is it possible that Firefox appears to looking at a copy of the web site as it was.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Google Update
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Brilliant: problem fixed. Many thanks for your help.
Regards, Chris Allen