when I type www etc firefox suggets websites-how do I turn this off?
When I am choosing a website and begin by typing www etc, firefox suggest various websites-how do i turn off this feature?
Chosen solutionby cor-el
See "Prevent Firefox from automatically completing URLs":Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- ABR_AUSkey Plugin Mozilla Component
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
See "Prevent Firefox from automatically completing URLs":
Followed instructions - both autofill preferences are now false-but autofill continues to work. Help!
Problem solved but some mystery remains. I used location bar settings to suggest "nothing" as far as history and bookmarks were concerned. It worked. But I already had "do not remember history" in the privacy settings. Perhaps this needs a fix?
Modified by marlisalad
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.