How to turn new tab page off or on, problem here article on firefox support not works
i have read the article to set new tab page off on this link http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/new-tab-page-show-hide-and-customize-top-sites#w_how-do-i-turn-the-new-tab-page-off
i have used some add ons like viewmark,tab king,fvd speed dial . these add on have option to load in new tab and loading of them in new tab can be disabled through their options now i want to set my home page as new tab page, so it tried solution provided on above link but it not works, only blank page is loaded while i try both about:newtab, about:home(or prefered home page url) by entering in browser.newtab.url . how to set home page to new tab??????
Chosen solutionby jscher2000
When you set browser.newtab.url to about:home (or the full URL of your desired home page), and then press Ctrl+t, you get a blank page? I wonder whether one of your add-ons is overriding the built-in new tab page feature. Have you disabled or removed the ones you tried?Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 220.127.116.1109
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1688
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1246
- Intel AppUp Hyperlink Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- Picasa plugin
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
When you set browser.newtab.url to about:home (or the full URL of your desired home page), and then press Ctrl+t, you get a blank page? I wonder whether one of your add-ons is overriding the built-in new tab page feature. Have you disabled or removed the ones you tried?
i have not try disable those add on because i want to use them but i install a new add on NewTabUrl which solve the problem. by this url i can set home page,blank page or any other page as new tab. After using this add on ,the prefrence in browser.newtaburl not changed but page in new tab as i set in NewTabUrl.
Battle of the add-ons! Hope your favorite stays on top. ;-)
this problem is due to newtabking i disable the addon and now changes in browser.newtaburl produce effects. Now new tab page changes according to prefrence in browser.newtaburl.