the method to resize search bar doesn't work. the double arrows don't appear. I have tried to add the "flexible" size option from the "customise" menu too.
The search bar remains stubbornly tiny so i only see one letter and the icon. I read the "how to" and tried this but the double arrows don't appear for me to drag it bigger. When i try the "customise" option for the toolbars the option to add flexible bars appears to drag onto toolbars but it has no effect apparently.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
Please update to Firefox 18.0.1, then reset Firefox.Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems
thanks for the suggestion but it is always easy to say "move to next version" and i have only just got v15 and there must be a reason for it not working.
Can you attach a screenshot of the current set-up?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Did you customize the Navigation Toolbar and made changes to the URL container or search bar area?
Open the Customize window to set which toolbar items to display:
- View > Toolbars > Customize
- Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout
Try to click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up.
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
The reason I ask you to update is 15 is no longer supported and has known bugs and security holes. Update to 18.0.1 immediately please.