I keep getting a Firefox software update, but it never finishes loading. ever. like ever.
When I open Firefox, I get a software update msg and when I click on it, it never finishes loading. It says it is connecting to the update server, and the blue loading bar keeps running across the screen.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Version 126.96.36.19909
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Please go to www.getfirefox.com and download and install Firefox 18.0.1 from there.
My problem was exactly the same although my version of Firefox was up to 19.1 by now. I followed instructions downloaded again, I hope it gets fixed but it's far to early to say for sure just yet. What do I do if I think I have two or more versions installed at the same time somehow? Is there a safe recommended free software Uninstaller that will get rid of absolutely every bit of a download in every nook and cranny of my device, and a recommended way of starting again?